EW.com: Today's Latest Headlines

PopEater

Friday, July 26, 2013

Ted

I have no idea what I dreamed about last night but I woke up with this feeling of ebullience. I admit, right as I was about to head to bed, I turned to HBO and Ted was just starting. I stayed up and watched the whole thing! It was Family Guy bad (because, you know, Seth McFarlane directed it) but it was also damn hilarious! It's funny, I thought Mark Wahlberg was trying to be a real actor now- in like, serious movies and action movies, you know? But he was a real goof in this movie.

I already thought he seemed like cool (Boston) peoples (which is different from being just plain old "cool peoples"- 'cuz white Bostonians always seem to me to be kind of benignly racist even in their very best iteration- so you are always required to qualify it a bit). But he seemed to not be taking himself so seriously in this movie, which was cool to see. Especially when you know that he doesn't want people calling him Marky Mark and stuff. It was fun to see.

All that said to say, I'm in a strangely positive mood today. Let's see how long that lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment